Indian Head Massage
“After 15 minutes your hands felt magical” Aqeel Abdullah
An Indian Head Massage is incredibly powerful, not only in terms of relaxing the physical body but also, for its capacity to work on the light energy body and our chakra system.
Rooted in Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system which aims to harmonise all elements of the body, mind and spirit through exercise, diet, meditation and massage, it used to be practiced within the family and was first developed around 1800BC. A part of daily life for thousands of years, massage is acknowledged to cleanse and maintain the health of the body.
- General and specific relaxation for muscles, providing immediate relief
- Fibrous adhesions (knots) can be broken down
- Disperses toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- Relief from acute and chronic neck and shoulder stiffness
- Loosens the scalp
- Relaxes the whole body
- Increases oxygen uptake in the tissues
- Improves blood circulation in previously congested muscles
- Provides additional oxygen to the brain
- Stimulates and improves the circulation of the lymphatic system, allowing for the disposal of toxins from the body
- Restores joint mobility
- Provides relief from disorders such as: earache, eye strain, tinnitus, aching jaws from clenching or grinding teeth, sinusitis and congestion, tension headaches, migraine, insomnia
- Provides relief from hair disorders associated with stress: hair loss, alopecia, dandruff, psoriasis, scalp tension
- Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility
- Releases anxiety and stress
- Lifts feelings of depression, despondency and desperation
- Clears the perspective
- Eases mental tiredness
- Balances chakra energy
- Releases stagnant energy boosting available energy on all levels
- Provides a general feeling of healing
Through a variety of different techniques, the massage works to release any blocked energy in the body that may be manifesting itself as disease or injury in any one of the seven Chakras (energy centres) of the body. I do this by applying pressure to certain points on the neck, shoulders and head that correspond to each Chakra (similar in approach to that of reflexology). This unblocks the Chakras, and allows for a free flow of life force energy around the body. A number of treatments can restore an individual to optimum health and feelings of well-being and it is recommended to have treatments on a regular basis to help deal with issues quickly, as and when they may arise.
Since in Indian Head Massage, we focus on the upper chakras – those associated with our connection with our higher self, our true, natural and healed state, it assists us in reconnecting with who we really are, each other and brings us into harmony with the world around us.